Program Overview: Our program is designed to provide exceptional students with an unparalleled mathematics education. Our goal is to expand their knowledge and understanding of mathematics, while also inspiring a passion for research and further exploration of the field. Through a variety of enriching activities such as seminars, MOORE method exercises, and research projects, students will have the opportunity to delve into both new and in-depth mathematical topics.
Program Activities: Our program offers a range of exciting activities, including joint reading seminars, research exposure courses, and summer projects. These unique opportunities will allow students to gain a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts beyond what is typically covered in regular faculty courses.
Program Benefits: Upon successful completion of our program, graduates will be awarded a separate faculty certificate, highlighting their exceptional achievements and dedication to mathematics
The following students will be accepted to the program:
- Students registered in the Faculty of Mathematics as the main faculty
- Admission will also be open to students in the Rothschild program (but without financial benefits).
- Students after the end of the first semester of their studies at the faculty.
- In exceptional cases, and based on availability, admission will be considered at later stages of the degree. New students with an academic background in mathematics or a high score in the technical classification exam in mathematics.
Locating candidates: The program committee will independently locate candidates for the program based on their grades in mathematics courses (at the Technion or other universities) and contact them on its own initiative. Admission: The final decision on admission to the program will be made on the basis of a personal interview that will also include mathematical questions and a discussion of their solutions.
We welcome applications from a variety of students for admission to our program:
- Students who are registered in the Faculty of Mathematics as their main faculty. We also welcome students from the Rothschild program (without financial benefits).
- Students who have completed their first semester of studies at the faculty. In exceptional cases, we may consider applications at later stages of the degree.
- New students with an academic background in mathematics or a high score in the technical classification exam in mathematics.
Finding candidates: Our program committee will actively seek out candidates based on their grades in mathematics courses, both at the Technion and other universities. If you meet our criteria, you may be contacted by us.
Admission: The final decision on admission to the program will be based on a personal interview. We’ll discuss mathematical questions and their solutions, as well as your application.
Requirements and Guidelines for Participation: As a participant in our program, we expect you to adhere to the following obligations and conditions of stay:
Credit Accumulation: In each regular semester (winter or spring), students must complete a minimum of 16 points in courses related to exact sciences and engineering from their course of study. The only exception to this rule is the final semester before receiving a degree.
Grade Point Average: Students must maintain a grade point average of at least 90 in courses related to mathematics, exact sciences, and engineering each regular semester.
Program Participation: It is essential that students attend and participate in all program activities. In some exceptional cases, such as illness, pregnancy, military service, etc., a request for an absence permit can be submitted to the program center.
Behavioral Expectations: We expect all students to commit to academic honesty and exhibit appropriate and respectful behavior towards other students and Technion employees. Any disciplinary offenses will result in termination of participation in the program.
Faculty Transfer: Students who transfer to another faculty will not be able to continue in the program.
Note: You can participate in this program only during the regular semesters that are left to complete your degree from the date of admission. The duration will be calculated based on the recommended track curriculum and your accumulated points in the recommended program before joining the faculty.
(*) It is vital to explore a range of courses from various fields. Please note that the mentioned conditions apply to program enrollment only.